MOUNTAIN KILIMANJARO TRAINING PROGRAM- KILIBOUND ADVENTURE
People (volunteers,honeymooners,climbers and even ) who needs to climb Mount Kilimanjaro without difficulty facing or for an easy and successful climb will need to train specifically for climbing Kilimanjaro as Kilibound Adventures recommend. During your training, you will need to progressively ramp up your hike time, distance, and elevation gain (at roughly 10-15% per week) to safely and effectively build your trekking-specific conditioning for best mount Kilimanjaro trekking.
Preferably, you should at least try to hike as much as possible on hills or mountains to replicate climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. Doing day hikes is superb training. For those who do not have access to trails, the next best option is to train in stairs or even hills. You can also train very productively on a stair master machine. Kilimanjaro Mountain is also suitable for beginners they do very well. The best advice is for everyone to arrive in great shape. Don’t underestimate the trekking of Kilimanjaro because you know people who did it when they arrived in not good physical shape. You can run for at least 30 minutes, two to three times a week, and enjoy an all day hike at weekends, you should be fine.You will need to be in good physical shape to enjoy this amazing adventure with Kilibound Adventures.
Recommended Gym Program – Eight Weeks Prescription Mount Kilimanjaro Training Program
Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
|Stretching and warming up||5 minutes||5 minutes||5 minutes|
|Leg developing aerobics|
|Cycling||10 minutes||10 minutes||15 minutes|
|Lower legs isolation|
|Lower back combination|
|Good morning exercise||3||12|
|Leg raises (lower)||2||20||2||20||3||20|
|Leg developing aerobics|
|StairMaster / climbing||10 minutes low resistance||10 minutes high resistance||10 minutes low resistance|
|Stretching and cool down||5 minutes||5 minutes||5 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour 15 minutes||1 hour 15 minutes||1 hour 15 minutes|
More gym guidelines to help you with successful Kilimanjaro Climbing Mountain.
- The above should only be seen as a guideline. You may not be able to do it exactly as set out. You may be at a fitness level beyond this. But it gives a good idea of which muscle groups need to be targeted.
- For the first two weeks, those who are less fit should start off with light weights.
- Every second week should see an increase in the weight of your weights used for exercise. This is to stimulate muscle development and growth.
- If weights were used in your exercise session, make sure you rest your muscles for at least 48 hours. This will help in muscle development.
- The above outline should be followed as closely as possible, with regards to the order of the exercises.
- If you’d like to use this program at home, please contact us. We’ll advise you how to, on request Mount Kilimanjaro Training Program
- It’s a good idea to include upper body training into the program. This will give you a balanced overall body development.
- Most people will need to train specifically for Kilimanjaro Trekking for at least three to four months. During your training, you will need to progressively ramp up your hike time, distance, and elevation gain (at roughly 10-15% per week) to safely and effectively build your trekking-specific conditioning.
- The climb is a hike so no specialist climbing skills are necessary. You must have done extensive hill-walking or aerobic exercise in the run up to your Kilimanjaro Climb. If you do not currently enjoy a good level of fitness it may take many months of training to reach a suitable level of fitness to enjoy the walk.
- Most people agree that Mount Kilimanjaro Climb is harder than Everest Base Camp. While there are aspects of the Everest Base Camp trek that are harder than Kilimanjaro, the general feeling is that Kilimanjaro is the harder of the two treks. So get really prepared for a successful trekking.
Contact Us for more details
P.o. Box 11426-Arusha Tanzania
Mobile: +255 768 340 890